What are the brand names for calcium carbonate?

Brand names for calcium carbonate include Maalox, Mylanta, Rolaids, Tums, Alka-Mints, Calel-D, Caltrate 600, Chooz, Os-Cal 500, Titralac and others. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about the different brand-name versions of calcium carbonate, which is an antacid, and whether one might be better for you than another.

Continue Learning about Antacid

How do antacids relieve heartburn?
Antacids help to minimize the symptoms of heartburn and acid reflux by neutralizing the acidity ...
What is an antacid?
Antacids neutralize acid in the stomach. They act quickly and for a short period of time. This makes...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking antacids?
If you are planning to take antacids, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?