What are the brand names for calcium carbonate?

Brand names for calcium carbonate include Maalox, Mylanta, Rolaids, Tums, Alka-Mints, Calel-D, Caltrate 600, Chooz, Os-Cal 500, Titralac and others. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about the different brand-name versions of calcium carbonate, which is an antacid, and whether one might be better for you than another.

Continue Learning about Antacid

Do antacids have any side effects?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of aluminum antacids may include constipation. Side effects of magnesium antacids may i...
What should I know before taking antacids?
Before taking antacids you should know that antacids decrease the acidity of the acids in your stoma...
What kind of antacid should I take for indigestion?
Jill A. Grimes, MDJill A. Grimes, MD
An over-the-counter antacid like TUMS works fine for indigestion. There are fancier and more exp...
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?
How Do Antacids Relieve Heartburn?