Is it okay to train the abs every day?

Work your abs two to three non-consecutive days a week, taking care to target all your abdominal muscles. Your best program will include working your abs,obliques and back in multiple positions - standing up, in extension, and in rotation. Always do exercises that work all three parts for the best results.
It should be okay to train Abs daily, but not necessary.  The Abs can be trained more frequently than other muscle groups and can often benefit from frequent training but at the same time, rest and recovery is not a bad idea.  Choose 2-3 exercises doing 2-3 sets each and train 2 days on 1 day off or every other day.
Yes, it can be okay to train the abs everyday, provided that the ab exercises you do vary in both intensity and type. For example, on Monday you can do ab exercises that help to improve core strength such as a cable rotations, Tuesday you can perform exercises geared more toward improving core stability such as the prone-iso ab (plank), and Wednesday you can perform exercises that enhance core power such as a medicine ball pullover throw.

Continue Learning about Ab/Core Exercises

Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
Exercises to Keep Up Core Strength
The 1979 film The China Syndrome, reporters (Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas) discover the cover-up of a potential nuclear plant disaster—or China synd...
How do I perform basic crunches?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
The most common exercise for abs is the crunch, or sit-ups, as they're commonly called. One reason e...
What ab exercises are better than crunches?
Crystal Reeves, NASM Elite TrainerCrystal Reeves, NASM Elite Trainer
We first have to ask: What is your goal? The abs exercises you do will be selected based on what you...
How Can I Get Defined Ab Muscles?
How Can I Get Defined Ab Muscles?