Question

Women's Health

Will too much sex cause my vagina to stretch?

• AGood In Bed answered
    Many women and men believe that too much sex, a large partner or use of certain sex toys will permanently make the vagina larger. Similar concerns include that too much sexual activity or masturbation will lead to larger labia or other changes to the vulva. The truth is, these concerns have more to do with feelings of guilt, shame, or anxiety about sex than they do with the physical facts. Can you imagine if a man thought his penis would grow as he has more sex? Many women believe too much sex will “mark” their bodies in some way, or are pestered about vaginal tightness by a partner who worries he doesn’t match up to a former partner.

The vagina is an incredibly elastic organ that is designed to accommodate different sizes and return to its baseline shape afterwards. The vagina is a potential space, meaning that it can grow in size to accommodate a penis or a baby, then contract afterwards. No matter how much sex a woman has, her vagina will not permanently change in size in any substantial way. Even women who have had a partner with a large penis or used large sex toys will find their vagina adapts to future sexual activity.
    Helpful? 2 people found this helpful.
Why should I monitor my vaginal discharge?