The Unique Female Body
Women's bodies are complex machines. Cycling hormones bring monthly annoyances, such as PMS, breast lumps and moodiness. Add to that birth control (for when you don’t want to get pregnant) plus possible fertility issues (for when you do) and menopause, and you've got a lot going on "down there." Start here for help.What's up down there? Test your smarts
Must-Knows About Cervical CancerQuiz yourself
20 Superfoods for WomenEat smart, feel your best
The number of U.S. women diagnosed with cervical cancer each year
Women’s Health Q&As
Lauren Streicher, MD
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Feinberg School of Medicine
How should I prepare for a gynecological exam?
Unlike a trip to the dentist, where brushing and flossing is essential, women need not do anything to prepare for an exam with their gynecologist. Truly, the only expectation is basic hygiene -- a shower or bath within 24 hours is always appreciated . . .
- Q Should I get a mammogram?
- Q How often does a healthy young woman need a check-up?
- Q What can cause bladder problems in older women?
- Q Should I worry if one breast is bigger than the other?
- Q How will I know if I'm ready to have a child?
- Q How can I strengthen my pelvic floor muscles?
- Q Are women healthier than men?
- Q How can I treat vaginal dryness and itching?
- Q What are the recommended health screenings for young women?
- Q What are the top 5 health concerns for women?
Women's Health Action Plans
These action plans will help you look and feel great.
7 Hidden Heart Attack Symptoms 10 Tips for Stronger Bones 8 Tips for the Body You Want Getting Wise About Depression Learn More: See All Women's Health Articles
Want to know the experts' secret tricks for overcoming exhaustion? You might find a few surprises in these lists.
Tips and Facts
Women vs. Men
Do you know how key health issues from heart disease to weight loss affect women differently than men? Take our quiz to find out.