Monster Walk: Gluteus medius
- Place a resistance band or continuous exercise band just above your ankles.
- Place your feet approximately shoulder-width apart with gentle tension on the band. Engage your core. Slightly bend your knees and hips.
- Take a half step to the side with the right foot and then follow with a half step toward the right foot with the left. Maintain tension on the band at all times.
- Take ten steps to the right and then reverse to the left. Feel the burn in the top of your buttocks.
- Lie face up on the floor and place your lower legs on an exercise ball.
- Engage your core and squeeze your butt.
- Raise your hips off the floor so your body is straight from your shoulders to your knees.
- Hold at the top for five seconds and return to starting position.
Find out more about this book:Dr. Vonda Wright's Guide to Thrive: 4 Steps to Body, Brains, and Bliss