A Answers (2)
One good technique to relieve stress is several times a day to think of at least one thing you have to be grateful for, and to really focus on it for several seconds, breathing in deeply a few times. Another technique is to relax in a chair or bed, close your eyes, and fully imagine yourself in a very peaceful place, possibly by a mountain stream or on a beach. Then imagine each of your senses being there, smelling the fresh air, hearing the birds, waves, seeing the blue of the sky etc., while breathing deeply for a few minutes.
Ellen Whitehurst, Health Education, answered
Feng Shui says that there are SEVEN DAILY STEPS to a STRESS-FREE life and they are as follows:
- Meditate for at least five minutes a day. You can do that by waking five minutes earlier in the morning and then simply focusing on your breathing for that short time frame.
- Read at least one chapter in any book.
- Do a good deed or perform a random act of kindness.
- Compliment someone (even an animal).
- Walk for thirty minutes.
- Tidy up one section of your home.
- Reflect on your day and express gratitude for some (OR ALL!) of it before you fall off to sleep at night. Literally count your blessings and you won’t believe how many more you start to attract.
For today….take one or two things off the above list and start to take the stress out of your life for good! XOE