Everyone experiences stress from time to time. Unchecked, stress can cause weight gain, increase your risk of certain diseases, harm your emotional health and even add years to your looks. Fortunately, simple steps can help you cope.
Have a looming deadline, or a stressful family dinner next week? Unfortunately, sometimes stress is unavoidable. When you have a stressful event approaching, you can fortify yourself by following these tricks from Sharecare experts.Combat Stress
Train Your Brain to Stress LessTry Brain Fit Life
AskMDGet personalized advice for managing stress
The percentage of illnesses and diseases
caused by stress
World Health Organization
Stress Management Q&As
Kathleen Hall, PhD
How can I reduce stress in my life?
The first thing to do is become aware of your stressors. Each of us is different and we can have very different stress triggers. Your stress response is partly inherited and also is affected by your environment. I use a simple acronym called A.C.E. . .
- Q When should I see a therapist to help me deal with stress?
- Q What are some easy exercises to reduce stress?
- Q How do I know if I have adrenal fatigue?
- Q What are simple things I can do every day to relieve stress?
- Q How can I reduce stress in the workplace?
- Q Why is it healthy to hum?
- Q How can I reduce stress during my commute?
- Q How can music relieve stress?
- Q What can I do to lower stress during pregnancy?
- Q How can stress and anxiety affect pain?
Stress Reduction Action Plans
If your busy life is stressing you out, take control with our action plans.
9 Ways to Beat Stress Deal With Financial Worries Manage Workplace Stress 5 Ways to De-Stress Your Family Learn More: See All Stress Articles
Stress VideosSee more stress videos
Healthy Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Some days, nothing beats stress better than comfort food. This mac ‘n’ cheese got a makeover that cuts saturated fat and boosts flavor with spices and herbs.
Stressed out? You’re not alone. Unfortunately, stress is a part of life. Take our quiz to learn ways to make it more manageable.
Take the quiz