Question

Calcium

Can I take vitamin D, calcium and magnesium together?

• AStacy Wiegman, PharmD, Pharmacy, answered
    Magnesium, calcium and vitamin D are all essential to bone strength and your overall good health. You can take vitamin D, calcium and magnesium together -- either in supplements or in food that contains all three nutrients (such as milk) -- but you don't have to. Adequate levels of vitamin D help your body absorb calcium, but the vitamin and mineral need not be taken at the same time. 

If you eat lots of green, leafy vegetables and whole grains, you can likely meet your magnesium needs through your diet, even if you still need to take calcium and/or vitamin D supplements. Talk to your doctor about whether you need supplements of any of these nutrients and, if so, what would be the best supplement for you to take.
  • AMediGuard answered
    Vitamin d, calcium, and magnesium can be taken together. In fact, there are products that contain those 3 ingredients in one pill.
    Helpful? 5 people found this helpful.
What is the role of calcium in my body?