Can yoga help straighten knock knees?

Yoga may assist in straightening your knock knees.  Yoga helps to practice the art of flexibility and strength by holding poses in certain positions for extended periods of time.  Some of these poses will be directed towards strengthening and elongating the ligaments around your knee.  This may result in increased flexibility to assist in straightening your knock knees.  However, be sure when practicing to get guidance from a certified yoga instructor.

Knock knees can be caused by certain muscles being overactive (tight) while other muscles are underactive (weak). If this is indeed the case, there are asanas (yoga postures) that can stretch and lengthen the overactive muscles and strengthen the weak muscles.

Standing poses, when done correctly, will help you gain strength; they must be performed with perfect alignment though, so guidance from an experienced yoga instructor is critical. He or she will also show you stretches that can help improve your knee alignment.

Furthermore, yoga will teach you to move with mindfulness and you will learn to apply this awareness in everyday life activities, such as when you walk up and down stairs.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Yoga to Inspire Love and Community
Last week I marched. I marched with thousands of others who also felt it was important to raise our voices in peaceful unification. No one expected it...
How do I practice the two-leg lift, or the full locust pose?
To perform the full locust pose, follow these steps:For this pose you might want to pad the floor be...
7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane
7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane7 Yoga Poses You Can Do on an Airplane
These simple moves help keep you flexible when you travel.
Which Type of Yoga Is Best for You?
Which Type of Yoga Is Best for You?