What is chair yoga?

Chair yoga offers all the benefits of yoga to participants who need to work at their own level. The chair is used as a prop to offer assistance in various yoga poses. Chair yoga allows people who may not be able to perform balances the opportunity to reap the benefits of balance poses without the fear of falling. The chair may also be used to assist with flexibility or strength exercises. The chair doesn't make yoga poses easy, it make the poses doable, opening the fitness door to all levels.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Try Yoga to Lose Weight, Reduce Stress, and Fight Fibromyalgia
If you're not one of the 16 million Americans who have discovered that the corpse pose actually restores life and the sun salutation makes you cheery ...
What yoga pose can I do to sleep better?
Harris H. McIlwain, MDHarris H. McIlwain, MD
The child’s pose can be done several times a day. This is a great yoga posture to practice as yo...
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief7 Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
Relax and breathe easier with these calming yoga postures.
What Yoga Poses Can Help Me with My Balance?