How do I perform the happy baby pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The happy baby pose in yoga gives a final stretch to the hips, hamstrings, and inner thighs.

Lie on your back and hug your knees into your chest. Grab the bottoms of your feet with your hands and draw your knees out and down toward your armpits. The tailbone should be pressing toward the floor, and your head should be relaxed on the mat. Hold for 5-10 breaths and release.

As a modification, push your thighs down instead of holding your feet if your legs feel tight.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

Why There’s Always a Yoga Program Just Right For You
Recently, while standing in the checkout line at my local Whole Foods, I glimpsed the yoga magazines for sale, each one with a cover image that was in...
What should I wear to a yoga or barre class?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
Making sure you are comfortable and having on both flexible and supportive clothing are importan...
5 Yoga Myths Debunked
5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked5 Yoga Myths Debunked
Find out the truth about some of the most common yoga misconceptions.
Try Yoga for Better Health
Try Yoga for Better Health