How do I perform the happy baby pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The happy baby pose in yoga gives a final stretch to the hips, hamstrings, and inner thighs.

Lie on your back and hug your knees into your chest. Grab the bottoms of your feet with your hands and draw your knees out and down toward your armpits. The tailbone should be pressing toward the floor, and your head should be relaxed on the mat. Hold for 5-10 breaths and release.

As a modification, push your thighs down instead of holding your feet if your legs feel tight.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

A Meditation to Find Compassion and Love
We all felt the tug at our hearts when we heard the news of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Thousands having to flee their homes and seek shelter s...
Where is the best place to take yoga?
A good yoga studio will be clean, well lit, and will provide a variety of classes taught by highly q...
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood8 Yoga Moves for a Happier Mood
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?