How do I perform the happy baby pose in yoga?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
The happy baby pose in yoga gives a final stretch to the hips, hamstrings, and inner thighs.

Lie on your back and hug your knees into your chest. Grab the bottoms of your feet with your hands and draw your knees out and down toward your armpits. The tailbone should be pressing toward the floor, and your head should be relaxed on the mat. Hold for 5-10 breaths and release.

As a modification, push your thighs down instead of holding your feet if your legs feel tight.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Yoga

How Yoga Can Help Injuries—Especially Low Back Pain
Injuries can have a big impact on our daily routines and our sense of well-being. They can contribute to the stress we may already be feeling by makin...
How can Kundalini yoga help me if I suffer from sexual dysfunction?
Kundalini yoga is a form of yoga that focuses on energy shakras in the body and raising sensory awar...
8 Yoga Poses for a Stronger Core
8 Yoga Poses for a Stronger Core8 Yoga Poses for a Stronger Core8 Yoga Poses for a Stronger Core8 Yoga Poses for a Stronger Core
Frequently Hunching Over? Do This Yoga Move