Can anyone do yoga?

Almost anyone can do yoga. If you have a medical condition for which you are receiving treatment, such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia or other serious medical condition, talk to your healthcare professional first. Many places offer special classes designed just for people with these conditions.

Even if you don't need a specialized class, you need to be aware of certain warnings before starting a class. For instance, high blood pressure, glaucoma or a history of retinal detachment or heart disease may mean that you should not perform certain exercises or positions (such as the ones that turn you upside down, like a handstand). Again, talk to your healthcare professional first.

Continue Learning about Yoga

A Meditation to Find Compassion and Love
We all felt the tug at our hearts when we heard the news of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. Thousands having to flee their homes and seek shelter s...
How do I know what level of yoga is right for me?
There are many types of yoga classes and techniques of yoga. It is best to start with the beginner o...
21 Easy Yoga Poses
21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses21 Easy Yoga Poses
Try these basic yoga poses for a healthier, calmer you. 
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?