Can anyone do yoga?

Almost anyone can do yoga. If you have a medical condition for which you are receiving treatment, such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia or other serious medical condition, talk to your healthcare professional first. Many places offer special classes designed just for people with these conditions.

Even if you don't need a specialized class, you need to be aware of certain warnings before starting a class. For instance, high blood pressure, glaucoma or a history of retinal detachment or heart disease may mean that you should not perform certain exercises or positions (such as the ones that turn you upside down, like a handstand). Again, talk to your healthcare professional first.

Continue Learning about Yoga

Hot Yoga: Healing or Hazardous?
Hot Yoga: Healing or Hazardous?
Summer might be wrapping up, but where I live, the heat is still in full force. So it's hard to imagine choosing to spend my yoga class in a hot oven ...
Can I practice yoga if I have had hip replacement surgery?
You participate a very mindful yoga practice after hip replacement surgery as long as you have b...
8 Yoga Poses for a Stronger Core
8 Yoga Poses for a Stronger Core8 Yoga Poses for a Stronger Core8 Yoga Poses for a Stronger Core8 Yoga Poses for a Stronger Core
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?