Yeast Infections Explained
The first time you get a yeast infection (called candidiasis), you're mystified. The next time you're annoyed. Each time after that – and that, and that – you're frustrated beyond belief. Here's the lowdown on vaginal yeast infections.Learn more
When to Call the DoctorAnd What to Try First
Diet TipLearn why yeast make you crave sugar
3 out of 4
The number of women who will get a yeast infection in their lifetime
Honor Society of Nursing
Yeast Infection Q&As
Kevin Windom, MD
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Sharecare Editorial Advisory Board
How can I tell if I have a yeast infection?
The most common signs of a yeast infection are itching and a thick white discharge. There is an over-the-counter test for infections that is fairly reliable. I recommend that a patient use a three-night over-the-counter cream and if this...
- Q Should I call my doctor if I think I have a yeast infection?
- Q Can I use vaginal anti-fungal medicine for a yeast infection?
- Q How can I prevent vaginal yeast infections?
- Q Do yeast infections affect children differently?
- Q What increases my risk for a yeast infection?
- Q Can yeast infections cause a skin rash?
- Q How can I prevent yeast infections from recurring?
- Q Can antibiotic use cause a yeast infection?
- Q How do medications treat candidiasis?
- Q How is oral thrush related to chronic yeast infections?
Yeast Infection Action Plans
If you're enduring the aggravation of a yeast infection, take control of your health and wellbeing with our Action Plans.
10 Diet Tips to Beat Yeast How to Choose the Best Probiotic Beat Sugar Cravings
Yeast Infection Videos
From cures for cramps to tips for ouch-free shaving, this quiz has your down-there questions covered.
Take the quiz
Natural Candida Cures
What you eat plays a major role in your risk of yeast infections. Here's how integrative medicine docs advise you to clean up your diet.