Yeast Infections Explained
The first time you get a yeast infection (called candidiasis), you're mystified. The next time you're annoyed. Each time after that – and that, and that – you're frustrated beyond belief. Here's the lowdown on vaginal yeast infections.Learn more
When to Call the DoctorAnd What to Try First
Diet TipLearn why yeast make you crave sugar
3 out of 4
The number of women who will get a yeast infection in their lifetime
Honor Society of Nursing
Yeast Infection Q&As
Kevin Windom, MD
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Sharecare Editorial Advisory Board
How can I tell if I have a yeast infection?
The most common signs of a yeast infection are itching and a thick white discharge. There is an over-the-counter test for infections that is fairly reliable. I recommend that a patient use a three-night over-the-counter cream and if this...
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have vaginal yeast infections?
- Q Can yeast infections cause a skin rash?
- Q What are the main causes of yeast overgrowth in the body?
- Q What is the link between mercury and yeast infections?
- Q Why do I crave sugar when I have a yeast infection?
- Q How can I manage a yeast infection when breastfeeding?
- Q What are the symptoms of a yeast infection in a breastfeeding baby or mom?
- Q How do I treat my baby's yeast infection?
- Q How can I tell a yeast infection from a sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
- Q How does sugar consumption relate to yeast overgrowth?
Recent Yeast Infections Articles
If you're enduring the aggravation of a yeast infection, take control of your health and wellbeing with our Action Plans.
Eliminate That Embarrassing Itch What You Need to Know About Lyme Disease Cases of Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea on the Rise Fact Sheet: Elizabethkingia Outbreak See All Articles