Where in the body does fertilization occur?

Cardiologist (Heart Specialist)

Where does fertilization occur in the female body - the ovaries, the uterus, or the fallopian tubes? In this video, Dr. Oz reveals the answer when quizzing his audience on health questions for cash.

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Fertilization usually occurs in the outer third of the fallopian tube.

Continue Learning about Women's Health

6 Experts Explain How to Improve Your Breast Health Today
Sharecare asked a group of oncologists and surgeons how readers could boost their breast health in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The experts...
How do I prepare for a mammogram?
SwedishSwedish
To prepare for your mammogram: Limit caffeinated products 3 to 5 days before your exam. Most wom...
Is It PMS, or Something More Serious?
Is It PMS, or Something More Serious?Is It PMS, or Something More Serious?Is It PMS, or Something More Serious?Is It PMS, or Something More Serious?
Debilitating cramps, Hulk-like rage, crying at work—sometimes it's more than PMS.
How Can I Skip an Inconvenient Period?
How Can I Skip an Inconvenient Period?