Does everyone have wisdom teeth?

Most people have wisdom teeth, but not all people's wisdom teeth come into the mouth. In some cases they are impacted, which means they are covered by gum or bone. If they begin to hurt, have extensive decay, or appear to be damaging adjacent teeth, they may have to be removed.
No. Some people may not have any wisdom teeth at all. Other people may not get all four. The wisdom teeth are among the most common missing teeth.

Continue Learning about Wisdom Teeth

How will I know if my wisdom teeth have become impacted?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
As part of a dental visit, your dentist will examine you to determine if your wisdom teeth are healt...
What are the pros and cons of leaving my wisdom teeth in?
If you take a wait-and-see approach and leave your wisdom teeth alone, you may avoid unnecessary sur...
What are the pros and cons of extracting all of my wisdom teeth?
If you have all of your wisdom teeth extracted, you can avoid potential problems with them in the fu...
What are wisdom tooth problems?
Every patient is unique, but in general, wisdom teeth may need to be removed when there is evidence ...