Should I talk to my doctor about my whooping cough (pertussis) symptoms?

If you have whooping cough symptoms, it is very important that you talk to your doctor. Whooping cough is highly contagious and should be treated immediately. The illness can be very serious in children under the age of 2. Between 1 and 2% of infected children under the age of one will die.

Continue Learning about Whooping Cough

What You Need To Know About Whooping Cough
Pertussis, or whooping cough, is a serious respiratory infection that can jeopardize the health of babies, children and adults. Learn all about whoopi...
How does whooping cough (pertussis) affect the body?
The bacterium Bordetella pertussis infects the respiratory tract and prevents natural defense system...
Should I get a booster shot for whooping cough (pertussis)?
Often thought of as a disease of ages past, pertussis—or whooping cough—is on the rise. To help prev...
Put a Stop to Whooping Cough's Comeback
Put a Stop to Whooping Cough's Comeback