Should I talk to my doctor about my whooping cough (pertussis) symptoms?

If you have whooping cough symptoms, it is very important that you talk to your doctor. Whooping cough is highly contagious and should be treated immediately. The illness can be very serious in children under the age of 2. Between 1 and 2% of infected children under the age of one will die.

Continue Learning about Whooping Cough

How to Protect Your Family From Whooping Cough
The Whooping Crane is an endangered species—about 400 of these noisy, five-foot tall birds are left in North America. If only whooping cough—that’s pe...
How can I protect my children from pertussis (whooping cough)?
The best way to prevent pertussis (whooping cough) is to get vaccinated. Parents can also help prote...
What are the symptoms of whooping cough (pertussis)?
Pertussis can cause serious illness in infants, children and adults. The disease starts like the com...
Put a Stop to Whooping Cough's Comeback
Put a Stop to Whooping Cough's Comeback