How long will I stay in the hospital after giving birth?

The length of a hospital stay after giving birth will depend on the type of delivery a woman had. If it is a vaginal delivery, she'll usually stay 24 to 48 hours after the delivery. If it is a C-section, then it is typically three to four days. If there are any complications, of course we can always keep you longer.

Continue Learning about What Will Happen After Delivery & Pregnancy

What are the benefits to preserving a baby’s cord blood?
A baby's cord blood contains stem cells, which, when transplanted, may develop into any number of sp...
How much maternity leave should I take?
Because stimulation is so important for brain development (and because of obvious bonding reasons), ...
When should I expect to see my doctor again after delivering my baby?
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical CenterEastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
After delivering your baby, you can expect to see your doctor again in six weeks. During your six we...
How will I meet my baby?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Suddenly, months of waiting and wondering are over. You can actually see your baby's face rather tha...