What information should I take on a trip?

Compile a list of the important information you need to take on your trip: Numbers on important documents (driver's license, passport, etc.); phone numbers for family, airlines, credit card companies and the American Embassy; and your travel itinerary.

Print the information in a small font size, laminate it and clip it in your wallet. For added security, leave a copy in a file at home and with the person watching your home.

Make a list of emergency contact and medical information. Include the names of the medications you're taking, the dosage, time of day you take the drug, what it is for and how long you have been taking it. (Don't forget to include any allergies you have to medications, preservatives, etc.) Also list the names and telephone numbers of family members or close friends who should be contacted in case of emergency as well as your doctors, therapists, counselors, hospitals and clinics. Print the information in a small font size, laminate it and keep with your passport or driver's license in your wallet or purse. If you are traveling to a foreign country, check with a local university language department about having this information translated into the language of your destination country. Give a copy to your spouse or traveling companion in case yours is lost or stolen.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Wellness

What to Expect From a Health Coach
What to Expect From a Health Coach
Are you considering working with a health coach? Good for you. Health coaches take a holistic approach to helping individuals like you make important ...
How can I make more time for myself?
John Preston, PsyDJohn Preston, PsyD
If one of your stress-reducing activities is something you enjoy doing alone but you find that famil...
8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making
8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making
These seemingly harmless habits are actually sabotaging your health goals.
How Do I Do a Cleansing Detox?
How Do I Do a Cleansing Detox?