What should I do if someone is sabotaging my efforts to change?

Some people in your life will not be supportive of your efforts to change; still other people will probably be opposed to them. Based on research and experience, we know that it helps to address the potential saboteurs from the get-go. That’s addressing, not confronting, mind you. A polite but direct conversation along the lines of: (Name), I will be working hard soon to become (your goal). It’s important to me. I realize that you may disagree with it or it may inconvenience you. I’m telling you early and upfront so that my change does not compromise our relationship. It would be great if you can support me, but I understand if you don’t.
Changeology: 5 Steps to Realizing Your Goals and Resolutions

Is there a scientific formula you can follow to change your life? Change is hard. But not if you know the 5-step formula that works whether you’re trying to stop smoking or start recycling. Dr....

Continue Learning about Wellness

Eat Your Water: How to Stay Effectively Hydrated
NBA locker rooms are dripping with more than sweaty jerseys these days. Water-fanatics like the Sixers’ T.J. McConnell (he and his teammates favor Ph-...
How do I know if my life is out of balance?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
We innately know about cycles, flows, and balance of life. We are fluid, flowing, surrendering, ...
The Worst Work Habits for Your Health
The Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your Health
Kick these bad work habits to the curb for a healthier 9 to 5.
What's the Main Cause of Health Attitudes in this Country?