Is weight a good determination of health?

Body weight is a fast and easy way to estimate health, but there are many factors that are not accounted for.  First, it does not give a value for body composition, the percentage of fat vs. fat free mass.  Additionally, body weight does not give a viable indication about what is going on inside the body: blood pressure, cholesterol score, glucose levels, etc.  All in all, weight is not a strong determination of health.

Continue Learning about Wellness

How to Manage Depression and Your Child’s Exposure to Movie Violence
Q: I’m taking the serotonin-reuptake inhibitor sertraline (Zoloft) for depression—I feel so much better!—and I assumed it was okay to keep taking my v...
What to Expect From a Health Coach
What to Expect From a Health Coach
Are you considering working with a health coach? Good for you. Health coaches take a holistic approach to helping individuals like you make important ...
How can others hurt my chances of success when making lifestyle changes?
Sheri D. PruittSheri D. Pruitt
When making lifestyle changes, having other people around you who are doing the things you want ...
How does breathing change my cellular makeup?
Pam GroutPam Grout
Breathing which produces heat in your cells changes your cellular makeup. Think of what a glassblowe...