How can I take inventory of my life?

Jan Campbell
Nursing

To do a personal self-inventory of your life, take time right now to ask yourself these simple but life-exposing questions:

• Are you generally happy?
  • Are you generally sad?
  • Do you feel free or do you feel trapped?
  • Are you content or are you stressed?
  • Do you live with joy and love or do you live with sadness and fear?
  • Are you holding on to pain from the past, or have you taken time to let go, heal, and move forward?
  • Are you in a healthy, harmonious relationship, or are you in a relationship that is full of turmoil, regret, and sadness?
  • Is your life in balance, or are you living from one dramatic episode to another?
  • Do you hold resentment or do you have forgiveness?
  • Do you live with trust, or do you live in fear that somehow those around you will do you harm?
  • How is your self-image?
  • Do you like what you see when you look in the mirror?
  • Do you feel healthy and fit, or do you live as a victim of illness?
  • Do you have dreams and goals that you are striving for, or do you just live day to day, allowing whatever shows up to form your life?
  • Do you appreciate all that you have around you, or do you take your positive circumstances for granted?
  • Do you give back to those less fortunate, or do you hold on to your possessions tightly and believe in scarcity?
  • Do you have self-love?

Continue Learning about Wellness

Sharing Care With the Kōkua Hawaiʻi Foundation
‘Āina is central to Hawaiian life. It’s the ground beneath our feet and the soil that nurtures kalo, or taro, the older brother to the Hawaiian people...
Can spending time in nature improve my capacity to focus?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Scientific research is increasingly showing that time in nature has direct and measurable positi...
The Worst Work Habits for Your Health
The Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your HealthThe Worst Work Habits for Your Health
Kick these bad work habits to the curb for a healthier 9 to 5.
What Happens to My Body As I Get Older?
What Happens to My Body As I Get Older?