How do positive ions affect health?

Your body’s cells naturally contain a negative charge. Meanwhile, irritating elements in the environment -- dust, microbes, and pet dander, for example -- tend to have a positive charge. Like a magnet, opposites attract, and your body literally pulls these irritating elements in toward itself, causing harm. Additionally, some researchers believe it’s not only the positively charged dander and dust that are harmful, but the positive ions themselves that damage the body. And here’s the potentially scary thing: Common household and workplace objects like cell phones and computers constantly emit positive ions.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Wellness

Ask Oz and Roizen: New Opioid Guidelines and Pet Tick Control
Q: In one of your columns, you said docs and pharmacists were sometimes overreacting to the CDC recommendations for curbing prescription opioid abuse....
How can a morning shower help invigorate my senses?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Water is the ultimate source of power. Imagine the power of a heavy summer rain massaging and cl...
Surprising Ways Home Decor Can Boost Your Happiness
Surprising Ways Home Decor Can Boost Your HappinessSurprising Ways Home Decor Can Boost Your HappinessSurprising Ways Home Decor Can Boost Your HappinessSurprising Ways Home Decor Can Boost Your Happiness
Simple tricks to help rejuvenate your home, de-clutter your life and clear your mind.
What Happens to My Body As I Get Older?
What Happens to My Body As I Get Older?