How can I bring gardening into my life?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Many of us live in urban areas or our lives are too busy to tend a large garden. But you can still experience the thrill of gardening by purchasing plants and fresh fruits and vegetables on a regular basis. The local fresh-air farmer's market or garden center can become your surrogate garden. Or create a mini-garden by putting a plant in your kitchen window, by your bathtub, on your desk, or slip a flower in a bud vase in your car. The simplest gestures can connect you back to the earth, your mother.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Wellness

Wellness

Wellness

Wellness is a difficult word to define. Traditionally wellness has meant the opposite of illness and the absence of disease and disability. More recently wellness has come to describe something that you have personal control over. ...

Wellness is now a word used to describe living the best possible life you can regardless of whether you have a disease or disability. Your wellness is not only related to your physical health, but is a combination of things including spiritual wellness, social wellness, mental wellness and emotional wellness. Wellness is seen as a combination of mind, body and spirit. Different people may have different ideas about wellness. There is no single set standard for wellness and wellness is a difficult thing to quantify.