What are the five numbers I should know about my health?

During your next doctor's visit, make sure you find out these five essential numbers. An unsafe result on any of these tests can be indicative of a serious health problem.
  1. Blood pressure
  2. Waist size
  3. Cholesterol
  4. Weight
  5. Blood sugar

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
Life Line Screening was pleased to provide the "Know Your 5" screening for the Dr. Oz show. This screening highlighted the 5 important numbers everyone needs to know about their health. These numbers are:
Weight
Waist Size
Blood Pressure
Cholesterol
Glucose (sugar)
Knowing these numbers, and monitoring them over time, can help you keep track of what is going on inside your body, before you may even feel any symptoms. Blood pressure, for example, can rise rather dramatically before you may begin to feel sick. But having high blood pressure is a serious health problem that leaves you at risk for stroke. 
Watch Dr. Oz talk about the Know Your 5 on Good Morning America: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/dr-ozs-health-clinic-12074208
Monitoring these 5 numbers is easy and only takes a few minutes. Make sure to get your five checked every year. 
Joanne Duncan-Carnesciali, CPT,NASM Elite Trainer
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
According to Dr. Oz, the five numbers one should know about their health are:

1.  Blood pressure
2.  Wasit size
3.  Weight
4.  Cholesterol
5.  Fasting Blood Sugar

If you visit www.doctoroz.com and type in, "know your numbers" there is a wonderfully written article by Dr. Oz on this topic.

All the best!

Continue Learning about Wellness

Ask Oz and Roizen: Why You Need a Flu Shot and the Dangers of Gun Ownership With Dementia
Q: My eight-year-old daughter and I got our flu shots and then got sick anyway. I think next year we’ll skip it. What’s the use? — Carolina B., New Yo...
What is a healthy weight for my height?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
Unfortunately, the official standards of what is a healthy weight appear to be a little too generous...
7 Things Your Personal Trainer Does That You Should Do, Too
7 Things Your Personal Trainer Does That You Should Do, Too7 Things Your Personal Trainer Does That You Should Do, Too7 Things Your Personal Trainer Does That You Should Do, Too7 Things Your Personal Trainer Does That You Should Do, Too
Stay motivated and get fit with these personal trainer-approved health tips.
What Are the Differences Between the Apple and Pear Shaped Bodies?