What are the concerns with standing for long periods of time?

Standing for long periods of time makes the body more vulnerable to injury. This can lead to poor circulation, pain and swelling in the legs, varicose veins and foot and joint complications. Try to shift your weight and walk around when possible, and sit down for a few minutes whenever you get the opportunity.

Continue Learning about Wellness

Ask Oz and Roizen: Teen Depression and Exercise for Obese Seniors
Q: My 16-year-old niece seems withdrawn lately and may be depressed. She’s always been pretty outgoing, but I wonder if she’s under too much pressure ...
What is a healthy weight for my height?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
Unfortunately, the official standards of what is a healthy weight appear to be a little too generous...
8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making
8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making8 Surprising Health Mistakes You're Probably Making
These seemingly harmless habits are actually sabotaging your health goals.
How Can Too Much Clutter Be Harmful to My Health?