What type of scale is most accurate?

When maintained and calibrated regularly, traditional beam scales are highly accurate. Otherwise, consider a digital scale with a "Tare" (or zero/reset) button.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

5 Reasons You Can't Lose Weight
5 Reasons You Can't Lose Weight
You haven't had a bite of pizza or a lick of ice cream in, like, forever, but you still can't lose a pound. What's up with that? Here's the real what,...
How can I get out of my weight loss rut?
Caroline M. Apovian, MDCaroline M. Apovian, MD
This is a great question, and one that all serious dieters will eventually face.  There are many d...
8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol
8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol8 Ways to Lose Weight and Improve Cholesterol
Slimming down can do wonders for your waistline and your cholesterol levels.
How Can I Get Back on My Diet After a Slip-Up?