What percentage of women are trying to lose weight?

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
It is estimated that 40 to 50 percent of American women are trying to lose weight at any point in time. One out of every four college aged women has an eating disorder. Almost half of all women smokers smoke because they see it as the best way to control their weight. Of these women, 25 percent will die of a disease caused by smoking. At age thirteen, 53 percent of American girls are unhappy with their bodies This grows to 78 percent by the time girls reach seventeen.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss

For Better Weight Loss, Love Your Body Before You Diet
Don’t wait until you're finally slim enough to wear your new bathing suit (summer 2015?) to show your body some love. Here's the surprising reason: Fa...
How can joining a weight loss program help me lose weight?
Physix - Fitness Training and NutritionPhysix - Fitness Training and Nutrition
For a lot of people, having a structured, weight-loss program to follow, with a schedule and expecta...
7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them
7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them7 Common Weight Loss Mistakes—and How to Fix Them
How Can I Lose Fat In My Buttocks?
How Can I Lose Fat In My Buttocks?