Besides cutting calories, what can I do to lose weight?

Ozgen Dogan
Weight loss doesn't come just from cutting calories. You have to increase your physical energy, and by this I mean exercise. A good way to start is by walking 30 minutes a day. This should be done at a pace that doesn't cause shortness of breath. Also, revisit what you're eating so you don't deprive yourself of feeling satiated. For instance, fruit juice has a high glycemic index. Drinking it sets you up for a blood sugar crash and, consequently, hunger pangs. Have a piece of fruit instead. Its high fiber content will keep you full and reduce calorie absorption. Dry figs and apricots, walnuts, oatmeal and whole grain bread are wonderful, satisfying choices.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Weight Loss Strategies

Everyone has opinions on how to lose weight – everything from Pilates to supplements to sleeping sans pajamas has been touted as an effective weight loss strategy. It's all about discovering what works for you. For some people, th...

e community support found on social media or in support groups for weight loss is an effective tool, while others benefit from the tried and true method of working up a daily sweat. Whatever strategy you choose, the key is finding something that you can stick with that works for your lifestyle.