Besides cutting calories, what can I do to lose weight?

Ozgen Dogan
Weight loss doesn't come just from cutting calories. You have to increase your physical energy, and by this I mean exercise. A good way to start is by walking 30 minutes a day. This should be done at a pace that doesn't cause shortness of breath. Also, revisit what you're eating so you don't deprive yourself of feeling satiated. For instance, fruit juice has a high glycemic index. Drinking it sets you up for a blood sugar crash and, consequently, hunger pangs. Have a piece of fruit instead. Its high fiber content will keep you full and reduce calorie absorption. Dry figs and apricots, walnuts, oatmeal and whole grain bread are wonderful, satisfying choices.

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Strategies

Delayed Gratification Can Help You Lose Weight
Delayed Gratification is a magazine dedicated to Slow Journalism—that is, analysis of news events delayed until after the dust has settled. The hope: ...
How can I lose fat without surgery?
Troy Taylor, NASM Elite TrainerTroy Taylor, NASM Elite Trainer
Losing fat ideally should always be done without surgery. You simply must eat less than you need on ...
How can I lose weight if diet and exercise don't work?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Losing weight can be difficult and frustrating. But it is possible to lose weight and keep it of...
Is It Safe to Use Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) for Weight Loss?