What type of vitamin E supplement should I take to prevent heart disease?

Dr. Andrea Pennington, MD
Integrative Medicine
The form of vitamin E that has been linked to its protective effect in supplements is the d-alpha and dl-alpha form of the tocopherol. There are no significant toxicities associated with vitamin E below 3000 IU/d (200% to 400% over daily recommended dose). Vitamin E is an oil and should be taken with meals to optimize absorption. Talk to your healthcare provider about possible drug interactions before taking high doses of vitamin E.

Continue Learning about Vitamin E

Did the SELECT study show that vitamin E causes prostate cancer?
Dr. Dwight L. McKee, MDDr. Dwight L. McKee, MD
A large study sponsored by the US government, known as the SELECT (Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Pre...
Why do I need vitamin E?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Your body needs vitamin E to boost its immune system so it can fight off invading bacteria and virus...
What Are Good Sources of Vitamin E?
What Are Good Sources of Vitamin E?
Do Selenium and Vitamin E Help Prevent Prostate Cancer?