The best way to take vitamin D is with a meal and it doesn’t matter what time of day. Ideally you are getting your vitamin D from foods and daily multivitamin & mineral formula (MVM), which should always be taken with one of your larger meals. A good MVM contains 600-1000 IU of vitamin D. If you need more based on a doctor’s recommendation, you may need to take a separate vitamin D supplement but you would still take it daily and with a meal.
- Q What are benefits of taking relatively high doses of vitamin D?
- Q Why is it important for children and preteens to get enough vitamin D?
- Q Does vitamin D have an effect on asthma?
- Q Are there any risks in taking vitamin D?
- Q How does vitamin D affect my brain as I age?
- Q Does a low intake of vitamin D affect my mood?