The best way to take vitamin D is with a meal and it doesn’t matter what time of day. Ideally you are getting your vitamin D from foods and daily multivitamin & mineral formula (MVM), which should always be taken with one of your larger meals. A good MVM contains 600-1000 IU of vitamin D. If you need more based on a doctor’s recommendation, you may need to take a separate vitamin D supplement but you would still take it daily and with a meal.
- Q Can I get enough vitamin D through exposure to sunlight?
- Q What are the side effects of low vitamin D levels in older adults?
- Q Is vitamin D good for me?
- Q How much vitamin D can I take before it damages my organs?
- Q How does vitamin D fight cancer?
- Q Does vitamin D really work?