The best way to take vitamin D is with a meal and it doesn’t matter what time of day. Ideally you are getting your vitamin D from foods and daily multivitamin & mineral formula (MVM), which should always be taken with one of your larger meals. A good MVM contains 600-1000 IU of vitamin D. If you need more based on a doctor’s recommendation, you may need to take a separate vitamin D supplement but you would still take it daily and with a meal.
- Q Why do most of us need supplementation of vitamin D?
- Q Does vitamin D interact with other medications?
- Q Can a person overdose on vitamin D?
- Q How does vitamin D help in slowing down the aging process?
- Q How does vitamin D help prevent osteoporosis?
- Q Why is it important for my daughter to get enough vitamin D?