How can getting enough vitamin C help me lose weight?

RealAge
Administration
Research shows that your body needs sufficient vitamin C to burn fat -- and burning fat is key to keeping excess pounds away. So pop your C supplement, or snack on some C-rich orange sections before your next power walk.

People in a study who had low blood concentrations of vitamin C and walked on a treadmill for an hour burned 25% less fat than people with adequate C. But a dose of C brought fat-burning levels back up to par. It seems that C is essential for creating carnitine, a substance that turns fat into fuel.

Continue Learning about Vitamin C