What should I do if I take too much ferrous sulfate and folic acid?

Advertisement
Advertisement

If too much iron or folic acid is taken, immediately contact your local poison control center or emergency room. Folic acid and ferrous sulfate may have great health benefits. But if too much is taken, it can be very dangerous. Iron overdose is a major health threat. It’s actually the leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under six. Too much folic acid may lead to symptoms like numbness, weakness or confusion.

Continue Learning about Vitamin B9

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.