Is pharyngitis a throat disorder?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Pharyngitis is a throat disorder. Pharynx is the name for the back of the throat. Pharyngitis is an inflammation of the throat. It is usually caused by some sort of infection, which can occur due to bacteria or a virus.

Continue Learning about Viral Throat Infections

What is a viral sore throat?
Viral sore throats usually go away on their own within three days. They may be the result of a cold ...
Should I talk to my child's school about viral throat infection?
A viral throat infection is contagious through sneezing and coughing so it may be advantage to infor...
How does a viral throat infection affect the body?
A viral throat infection affects the body differently, depending on the type of virus that attacks t...
How can I treat a sore throat?
Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, NDDr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
The common sore throat is well treated by a few natural recommendations: Plenty of sleep: sleep i...