In order to prevent a sore throat, you need to prevent the cause of it. Since sore throats are usually due to contagious viruses, it is best to wash your hands often, especially after being in crowded areas or around small children. For sore throats caused by air quality and allergies, you should avoid smoking or being in a smoke-filled room, keep your air at home humidified, and take allergy medication if other allergy symptoms arise.
- Q How do viruses that cause viral throat infection get into the body?
- Q Are over-the-counter medications available for viral throat infection?
- Q What is pharyngitis?
- Q Is there a cure for viral throat infection?
- Q What viral illnesses cause viral throat infection?
- Q What is a viral sore throat?