There are several things that you can do to prevent getting a sore throat. Be sure to keep yourself well hydrated by drinking eight to 12 glasses of fluid every day. Wash your hands often (especially if you are in contact with children). Do not smoke, and avoid being around people who do smoke. Avoid other throat irritants such as noxious fumes, yelling and screaming. Stay away from people who have strep throat or mononucleosis. Using a mist vaporizer may stop the onset of a sore throat due to dry air or mouth breathing.
- Q Is pharyngitis a type of viral throat infection?
- Q What is a viral throat infection?
- Q Is there a cure for viral throat infection?
- Q Does viral throat infection affect children differently than adults?
- Q Is there a relationship between viral throat infection and herpes viruses?
- Q Is pharyngitis a throat disorder?