In order to prevent a sore throat, you need to prevent the cause of it. Since sore throats are usually due to contagious viruses, it is best to wash your hands often, especially after being in crowded areas or around small children. For sore throats caused by air quality and allergies, you should avoid smoking or being in a smoke-filled room, keep your air at home humidified, and take allergy medication if other allergy symptoms arise.
- Q What activity should someone with viral throat infection avoid?
- Q How do viruses that cause viral throat infection get into the body?
- Q What is a viral sore throat?
- Q Are over-the-counter medications available for viral throat infection?
- Q Does the body have natural defenses against viral throat infection?
- Q Is there a cure for viral throat infection?