In order to prevent a sore throat, you need to prevent the cause of it. Since sore throats are usually due to contagious viruses, it is best to wash your hands often, especially after being in crowded areas or around small children. For sore throats caused by air quality and allergies, you should avoid smoking or being in a smoke-filled room, keep your air at home humidified, and take allergy medication if other allergy symptoms arise.
- Q Will my baby have a viral throat infection if I do while I am pregnant?
- Q Is pharyngitis a type of viral throat infection?
- Q How do medications treat viral throat infection?
- Q How does a viral throat infection affect the body?
- Q What is a viral throat infection?
- Q How do other illnesses affect viral throat infection?