Are throat lozenges good to use?

Sore throat lozenges can be soothing, but will not cure a sore throat. Furthermore, you should be aware of what the ingredients are. Most are sugar based and can lead to cavities and have extra calories.

Continue Learning about Viral Throat Infections

How do medications treat viral throat infection?
Medicines are not used to treat viral throat infections. Antiviral drugs can be harmful to human...
Are there alternative treatments for viral throat infections?
Most of the alternative treatments used for viral throat infection work to relieve pain and discomfo...
Why won't my doctor prescribe an antibiotic for my sore throat?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
Your doctor won't prescribe an antibiotic for your sore throat because the majority of the time a so...
How do I care for someone with a viral throat infection?
To care for someone with a viral throat infection, it is important to make the person comfortable. I...