Can viral oral infections be prevented?

The best way to prevent viral oral infections is not to come into contact with a person who has a viral disease of the mouth. Don't kiss, share drinks, or engage in oral sex with people who have sores that look like they could be symptoms of viral oral infection. In some cases, though, people can pass viral oral diseases even when the sores are not showing on their skin. For this reason, you should also make sure you're washing your hands frequently so you don't unknowingly spread the virus after touching an infected person or something that person touched.

Continue Learning about Viral Oral Infections

What are the symptoms of viral oral infections?
There are several types of viral oral infections, but the most common symptoms of the disorders, in ...
How do I manage my viral oral infection on a daily basis?
On a daily basis, you can manage your viral oral infection by taking precautions against making the ...
What are viral oral infections?
Dr. Ronald G. Glass, DDSDr. Ronald G. Glass, DDS
Oral viral infections are those that have an established viral cause. Acute chickenpox, recurrent ch...
Will my viral oral infection come back?
Some types of viral oral infections heal within a few days and never return. Other types of viral or...