Are there alternative treatments for viral oral infections?

In most cases, you don't need to do anything to treat your viral oral infection. Instead, you simply need to wait for the disease to run its course. However, doctors will prescribe treatment if your viral oral infection is severe or needs to be cleared up quickly. In addition, doctors often prescribe pain relievers for people with viral oral infections. If you prefer to treat your pain from home there are some alternative treatments you can try. In some cases, you might be able to relieve some of the pain in your sores by applying a mouth spray or a cold cloth. If you have certain types of viral oral infections, you might need to prevent dehydration or treat a fever by drinking extra fluids and resting.

Continue Learning about Viral Oral Infections

How do I care for someone with a viral oral infection?
Because most viral infections will cure themselves on their own, you don't have to do much to help c...
How do I manage my viral oral infection on a daily basis?
On a daily basis, you can manage your viral oral infection by taking precautions against making the ...
Should I tell my child's school about viral oral infections?
Viral oral infections can easily be passed from one person to another, and children are more likely ...
Is viral oral infection treatment costly?
Generally, viral oral infection treatment is not costly because many types of viral oral infections ...