How do I manage my yellow fever on a daily basis?

If you have a flu-like illness following travel to an area where yellow fever is known to occur, see your doctor immediately. For those with mild symptoms, daily self-care might require medications for pain relief such as ibuprofen, rest, and drinking plenty of fluids. If you have severe symptoms such as bleeding, yellowing of the skin, or kidney failure, you will require hospitalization for close observation and medical treatments. Daily treatments may include intravenous fluids, blood transfusions, and dialysis. Regardless of severity, all persons with yellow fever must avoid further mosquito exposure in order to reduce the risk of spreading the disease.

Continue Learning about Viral Infections

Viral Infections

Viral Infections

Viral infections like herpes simplex, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), chicken pox and rotavirus are infections caused by a virus instead of a bacterium. Viral infections do not respond to antibiotics, but some specific viruses ...

like influenza A and B can be treated with certain antiviral medications. Most commonly, treatment for viral infections includes drinking lots of fluids, getting rest, eating well and letting the illness run its course.