How do I manage my yellow fever on a daily basis?

If you have a flu-like illness following travel to an area where yellow fever is known to occur, see your doctor immediately. For those with mild symptoms, daily self-care might require medications for pain relief such as ibuprofen, rest, and drinking plenty of fluids. If you have severe symptoms such as bleeding, yellowing of the skin, or kidney failure, you will require hospitalization for close observation and medical treatments. Daily treatments may include intravenous fluids, blood transfusions, and dialysis. Regardless of severity, all persons with yellow fever must avoid further mosquito exposure in order to reduce the risk of spreading the disease.

Continue Learning about Viral Infections

Cases of Rare Polio-like Illness on the Rise–Should You Be Worried?
Health officials are searching for clues that could help explain why there are increasing reports of children across the United States with a rare pol...
Are certain viruses seasonal?
Some viruses are more common during certain seasons. This is often due to seasonal factors affecting...
What is the difference between a virus and a bacterium?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The body is a multi-cellular organism made up of about 100 trillion cells. These cells are fairly co...
What Time of Year Do Most Viral Infections Occur?