How do I manage my yellow fever on a daily basis?

If you have a flu-like illness following travel to an area where yellow fever is known to occur, see your doctor immediately. For those with mild symptoms, daily self-care might require medications for pain relief such as ibuprofen, rest, and drinking plenty of fluids. If you have severe symptoms such as bleeding, yellowing of the skin, or kidney failure, you will require hospitalization for close observation and medical treatments. Daily treatments may include intravenous fluids, blood transfusions, and dialysis. Regardless of severity, all persons with yellow fever must avoid further mosquito exposure in order to reduce the risk of spreading the disease.

Continue Learning about Viral Infections

What You Need to Know About Eastern Equine Encephalitis
From time to time, an illness called Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE) pops up in the news. In July 2019, for instance, the Florida Department of Heal...
Should I have my tonsils removed if I keep getting viral throat infection?
For many years doctors recommended a tonsillectomy for recurring viral throat infection. This is a l...
5 Gross Ways You Can Catch Norovirus, aka the Winter Vomiting Bug
5 Gross Ways You Can Catch Norovirus, aka the Winter Vomiting Bug5 Gross Ways You Can Catch Norovirus, aka the Winter Vomiting Bug5 Gross Ways You Can Catch Norovirus, aka the Winter Vomiting Bug5 Gross Ways You Can Catch Norovirus, aka the Winter Vomiting Bug
It takes as little as 18 norovirus particles on your food to make you sick.
What Time of Year Do Most Viral Infections Occur?