How do I manage my encephalitis on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If your encephalitis is mild, maintaining a healthy diet, drinking lots of fluids, and getting plenty of rest may help you manage the disease. Non-prescription medications, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol), will help relieve pain and reduce fever. Your doctor can also help you manage your encephalitis through the prescription of antibiotics or antiviral medications. If your case is severe, hospitalization may be required.

Continue Learning about Viral Infections

Why You Should Be Paying Attention to West Nile Virus
During the sultry months of summer, mosquitos are usually just a nuisance when you spend time outdoors. But when they hold the potential to pass on se...
What is the difference between a virus and a bacterium?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The body is a multi-cellular organism made up of about 100 trillion cells. These cells are fairly co...
How does viral oral infection affect other conditions?
If you have a certain type of eczema and end up with some types of viral oral infections in the area...
What Time of Year Do Most Viral Infections Occur?