How do I manage varicose veins on a daily basis?

If you have a mild case of varicose veins that don't cause bothersome symptoms (aches or itching), you will not need to do anything daily. You could consider wearing graduated compression stockings whenever you are up out of bed. These come in different grades of compression. With mild symptoms, a light compression level (8-15mmHg) would be a good place to start. You might also make some lifestyle adjustments such getting exercise, sitting with your feet up, or not standing or sitting for extended periods of time. You can make changes to your diet and lose weight if you are overweight. These will help reduce varicose veins. If your case is more severe, your doctor may suggest additional treatment options.

Continue Learning about Spider Veins and Varicose Veins

Ways to Avoid and Manage Varicose Veins
Ways to Avoid and Manage Varicose Veins
On an episode of Friends, the gang arrives late to Monica and Chandler’s for dinner. “I bet that vein on Monica’s forehead is popping like crazy,” say...
What are varicose and spider veins on legs?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Spider veins and varicose veins are all part of the same vascular tree of blood vessels and arteries...
What are spider veins?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
Spider veins refer to those red, purple or blue lines that can be seen through the skin. These are a...
Dr. Steve Elias - What Are Varicose Veins?