How is a cough stress test for urinary incontinence done?

Jill Rabin
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
You will be asked to come to the office with a full bladder and asked to cough in an upright and supine (lying-down) position. Then you may be asked to empty your bladder. This urine may be sent for various tests. You will also be asked to repeat this coughing maneuver with an empty bladder. If you lose urine with either a full or empty bladder, the diagnosis may be stress incontinence.
Mind Over Bladder: I Never Met a Bathroom I Didn't Like!

Advance praise for Mind Over Bladder "Where is the closest bathroom?" If you listen hard enough, these are the words you hear from the lips of millions of women as they enter malls, lobbies, museums,...

Continue Learning about Urinary Incontinence