What increases my risk for urethral cancer?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Your age, gender, and whether you have a history of sexually transmitted diseases or bladder cancer can increase your risk for urethral cancer. Most cases are found in older adults above the age of 50. While this disease can affect both males and females alike, more women than men are diagnosed with it. Caucasian women in particular have the highest risk of being affected by this disease. People who have had bladder cancer, reoccurring urinary tract infections, certain sexually transmitted diseases, and/or other issues that create chronic urethral inflammation are also at greater risk of urethral cancer.

Continue Learning about Urethral Cancer

What is the rate of incidence for urethral cancer?
Urethral cancer is extremely rare. Only about 600 people are diagnosed with this disease every year....
Is urethral cancer serious?
Although it is rare, urethral cancer can be very serious. There are six stages of urethral cancer - ...
What are the screening tests for uterine cancer?
Uterine cancer develops in the lining of the uterus, called the endometrium. The most common symptom...
Should I be worried about urethral cancer?
You should be worried about urethral cancer if you suffer from bladder cancer, recurring urinary tra...