Which fitness products are best for toning my butt?

Jessica Smith
Fitness
Fitness Expert Jessica Smith discusses the best fitness products for toning your butt.

The best products for toning the butt is your own body, and some resistance tubing.  The best exercises for the butt are squats, lunges and resisted donkey kicks.  Bridge exercises are also great, and as you progress with those, you might want to use a step for added resistance or even a stability ball.  But you can certainly start out with using just your own body weight.

The best fitness product for toning your butt is your own human body! Unfortunately there is no easy way, or magic fitness product, that will instantly give you a nice toned and sculpted butt. It takes time and a good workout routine.

Include exercises that target the butt area such as:

• Lunges (forward, backward, lateral, static, and walking)
  • Squats
  • Step ups
  • Stiff legged deadlifts (be sure to keep the back straight during this exercise)
  • Bridging
  • Bulgarian split squats
  • Cable kickbacks

The above exercises are all great for helping tone the butt. The key is to place most of your weight in your heels rather than your toes when performing these exercises.

Walking! Yes, this product can lead to a toned and trim butt! You may be looking at the computer strangely right now and I understand. If you are looking for some gimmick that is sold at stores then you will not receive that from me. A great way to tone will be to eat right and exercise. Also, complete bridges. These will assist to really work your glutes:

• Bridging – lay on you back and bring your heels close to your hips. Next drive your weight through your heels and lift your hips off the ground. Lift until you form a straight line between your shoulders and knees. Return to start but do not let hips full touch the ground.
None of them! Admittedly I’m bias about theses product because most of them are misleading. The idea that shoes will give you the toned voluptuous body it’s spoke woman had is infuriates. It is not true and worst of all it gives women a false sense of hope that if they buy these shoes or other butt toning products their bodies will look like the woman in the advertisement.
Ever wonder whether the toning sneakers you wear are the best fitness product for your butt?

Watch as Dr. Oz and fitness director of Men's Health magazine Adam Campbell discuss which fitness products are best for toning your butt in this video.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs