What should I keep in mind while giving up exercising for performance?

If you are an athlete who is coming into the off season, or considering taking a break from your respective sport, you may want to keep in mind that the body typically starts to decondition after 2 weeks of inactivity. You can maintain some of your fitness by getting in one or two workouts per week, but completely ceasing activity will lead to a much faster rate of deconditioning.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How often should I drink during exercise?
Dr. Vonda Wright, MDDr. Vonda Wright, MD
During exercise, sweat should be replaced by fluid intake of 6 -- 12 ounces every 20 minutes. Begin ...
What leg exercises are recommended if I only have one leg?
If you only have one leg, then perform single-leg exercises. Start by practicing balancing on one le...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?