How do I perform a seated shoulder flexion with both arms?

Wendy Batts
Fitness
When performing a seated shoulder flexion exercise you want to first select a weight that you want to use. Because your shoulder complex is made up of small muscles that stabilize this mobile joint, you want to keep the weight somewhat light to avoid stress on the joint. Next, sit up tall in a seat with your back away from the chair and your feet flat on the floor. Draw-in your abs and hold a dumbbell in each hand and start with your arms next to the sides of your body. Keeping your elbows straight, raise your arms in front of your body to shoulder level and pause. Lower your arms to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.

Sit on a bench with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed flat on the floor.  Draw-in your navel and hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your arms hanging at the side of your body.  Keeping your elbows straight, raise your arms in front of your body to shoulder level.  Hold the top position and then lower your arms back down to the sides of your body. 

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a medicine ball rotation?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead, placed shoulder-width apart and keep your knees slightl...
How do I perform a squat jump?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Draw-in your navel ...
How to Maintain Posture While You Exercise