What can I do to limit my trans fat intake?

The best advice is to cut out as much saturated fat and trans fat from your diet as possible. Use liquid vegetable oils in recipes that call for butter or margarine. Make substitutions. If you decide to eat margarine, buy liquid or tub margarine. The first ingredient listed in the fine print should be water, vegetable oil, or a vegetable oil blend.

The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Trans Fats

Common Foods That Contain Hidden Trans Fats
Lost in Translation is a 2003 Sofia Coppola film about a once-was-movie-star (Bill Murray) who lost his twinkle—until he meets Charlotte (Scarlett Joh...
How do the different kinds of dietary fat affect aging?
There are four major types of fat: saturated, polyunsaturated, monounsaturated, and trans fat. The f...
What are trans-fatty acids?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Trans-fatty acids (trans fats) are a harmful type of manufactured fat produced from unsaturated ...
Dr. Eva Selhub Shares Some Tips
Dr. Eva Selhub Shares Some Tips