What are my options if I have visible teeth extracted?

If it is necessary to have visible teeth removed, there are many options that will still allow you to have a nice looking smile. 

Veneers are thin, custom-made shells crafted of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front side of teeth. They are an option for correcting stained, chipped, decayed or crooked teeth. 

A crown can make your tooth stronger and improve its appearance. A crown can help strengthen a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t enough tooth remaining to hold the filling. 

Sometimes called a fixed partial denture, a bridge replaces missing teeth with artificial teeth and literally “bridges” the gap where one or more teeth used to be. 

Dentures are removable appliances that can replace missing teeth and help restore your smile. There are several different types, depending upon the number of teeth remaining.

See you dentist to determine what options may be best for you.
If you have visible teeth that were extracted, you may benefit from crowns, bridges, or dentures. Also, you may opt for surgical implants for a more permanent and natural replacement. Implants can attach full or partial dentures, but you must have healthy gums and good bone density to receive them.

Continue Learning about Tooth Extraction