Are children susceptible to tooth erosion?

Middle-schoolers and teenagers are very susceptible to tooth erosion because of the large amounts of carbonated beverages and sports drinks, and energy drinks they consume. The high levels of acid in these beverages causes tooth erosion, coupled with the sugars which cause cavities. 

Continue Learning about Tooth Enamel Erosion

How can I help keep canned beverages from eroding my teeth?
To help keep the beverages you drink from eroding your teeth, try to consume them with a meal and av...
How can I lower the risk of tooth erosion from acid reflux?
To lower your risk of tooth erosion from acid reflux, avoid  spicy foods and other foods that may ca...
What foods destroy tooth enamel?
Jonathan B. Levine, DMDJonathan B. Levine, DMD
Since tooth enamel is almost 100 percent mineral, anything that can de-mineralize enamel is bad....
How can I minimize damage to tooth enamel from bulimia?
If you have bulimia, get help. In the meantime, try to minimize the damage to your teeth by rinsing ...