What is cavitation?

Although cavitation sounds rather like something a magician might do to his assistant during a show, cavitation is actually a hole in the bone that can develop when a tooth is extracted improperly or a cavity goes untreated. In addition to causing pain, cavitations can harbor bacteria that can lead to infection.

Continue Learning about Tooth & Mouth Disorders

Can burning mouth syndrome change how my mouth looks?
Burning mouth syndrome will not change the appearance of your mouth. Burning mouth syndrome can ...
What is the rate of incidence of oral health problems?
The incidence of oral health problems is related to the quality of dental care. Most oral health con...
What should I do about a spot on my lip that won't heal?
Anka Ivanisevic, NASM Elite TrainerAnka Ivanisevic, NASM Elite Trainer
Any abrasion that will not heal should be closely monitored by a health care professional.
What is strawberry tongue?
Strawberry tongue is a sign of disease wherein the tongue looks enlarged and red, with a rough or bu...