What is cavitation?

Although cavitation sounds rather like something a magician might do to his assistant during a show, cavitation is actually a hole in the bone that can develop when a tooth is extracted improperly or a cavity goes untreated. In addition to causing pain, cavitations can harbor bacteria that can lead to infection.

Continue Learning about Tooth & Mouth Disorders

Is periodontitis a dental emergency?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
Periodontitis, a type of gum disease, is a chronic disease that does not fall into the emergency cat...
What are some of the reasons why my jaw hurts?
John Van der Werff, DDSJohn Van der Werff, DDS
Many things can cause jaw pain. The possibilities include a toothache, muscle pain, ligament pain, j...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with ageusia?
When caring for someone with ageusia, remember the disorder affects that person physically and emoti...
Can Gum Disease Affect Your Overall Health?