Will I stay in the hospital when undergoing radioiodine therapy?

Radioiodine therapy for an overactive thyroid gland is normally done on an outpatient basis. The amount of radioactivity being used is small.

Treatment for thyroid cancer may require larger doses of radioactivity. This means you may have to be in the hospital for a few days.

Continue Learning about Thyroid Cancer Treatment

How does external beam radiation treat primary thyroid lymphoma?
American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsAmerican Association of Endocrine Surgeons
Appropriate treatment for patients with primary thyroid lymphoma (PTL) depends on the type of ly...
How is thyroid cancer treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment depends on the type of cancer and overall medical condition of each individual. The most c...
What is a thyroid lobectomy for thyroid cancer?
A thyroid lobectomy involves removing the half of the thyroid gland that has the nodule. It is s...
When should I call my doctor if I have thyroid cancer?
You should call your doctor if you have symptoms of thyroid cancer and have not been diagnosed, if y...